Applications open for “Blue Ocean Innovation 4.0”
“Blue Ocean Innovation 4.0” is now open for entries for 2017 and maritime startups can apply on
It focuses on Industry 4.0 early-stage startups involved in big data, advance manufacturing, artificial vision, cloud computing, augmented reality, cybersecurity, cyberphysical systems and/or collaborative robotics, drones, autonomous system, marine energy, smart ship and energy management.
Launched in 2015 by the Professional Body of Naval Architects in Spain (COIN), “Blue Ocean Innovation 4.0” provides maritime startups with operational support, mentorship, and investment, to develop the next generation of technology – based companies in the maritime sector.
“Blue Ocean Innovation 4.0” is a private acceleration programme with the support of the GAIN- “Agencia Gallega de Innovación” that lasts 6 months and takes place in Galicia (Spain).
Its objective is to accelerate specialized projects in maritime sector and its transformation into innovative, viable and scalable companies that attract and retain talent. Thus, contributing to strengthen the positioning of the maritime sector and increase its international projection.
Startups may apply from anywhere in the world and will have a strong commitment to relocate to the Galicia. “Blue Ocean Azul Initiative 4.0” will help them market their solutions.
We believe that once a startup has found a market, its growth and fund-raising will come easily.
WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU GET?
We can provide critical support through operational expertise and access to a steady pipeline of customers, channels and partners.
- Up to 5 Startups will join a 6 – month Program and will have access to resources from “BA Network Océano Azul” and possibilities for advisory, pilots, business development and partnerships with Maritime Industry Partners and their networks.
- There are no charges, nor is equity taken from participating startups.
- Close contact with the Galicia startup and maritime industry ecosystem, which is one of the strongest in Europe. Visits and networking meetings will be arranged.
- World -class mentoring, excellent education, access to finance (up to 75,000€), demo day and participation in a top Industry 4.0 event.
- Obtain real experience in entrepreneurship while developing solutions with real business feasibility.
- The opportunity to pitch to and connect with venture capitalists, and angel investors from BA Network “Océano Azul”.
- Creating personal and business relationships.
Terms and Conditions:
Programa de aceleración subvencionado pola Xunta de Galicaia través do programa de Axudas as aceleradoras de apoio ao emprendiemiento innovador