The Association of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers (COIN) is promoting the creation of an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for the maritime sector and is leading the creation of the network of Business Angels “Oceano Azul” and a Venture Capital Company (SCR) as one of its key instruments oriented investment in technology-based companies in the maritime sector.
Such an ecosystem would be oriented to provide tools to initiate and finance innovative businesses related to maritime activities, which cover the following aspects:
- Support the creation of technology-based companies.
- Accelerate the introduction of innovative products in the market and encourage the creation / consolidation of an “innovation ecosystem.”
- Promote entrepreneurial initiatives in the Schools of Naval and Oceanic Engineering, universities and technology centers.
- Promote the attraction of talent, especially in high-tech sectors.
- Create network of Business Angels “Oceano Azul”
- Develop a public-private venture capital firm specializing in expansion capital transactions and private equity in the Maritime Sector.
To this end, in 2015, the Association of Naval Architects and Ocean (COIN) with the aim of promoting the Maritime and support entrepreneurs in this European strategic sector launched a Support Service Entrepreneur (SAE) aimed at promoting a boost entrepreneurship maritime ecosystem that offers the sector and, in particular, young entrepreneurs tools to initiate and fund activities related to our business.
But this service is not intended only for entrepreneurs, but also colleagues who want to act as “Business Angels”; ie as investors with interests in the maritime field and with the intention to provide funding and expertise for projects with high potential for growth in the medium / long term.
Also important are the mentors who volunteer their time, dedication and knowledge to young entrepreneurs. Mentors are entrepreneurs, managers, technical directors, … with extensive experience related to the creation, growth and / or consolidation of companies in the maritime field.
In addition, the aim of the network is to bring to mentoring our professionals, usually away from the world of consulting, which can give some of their time to help others the way to success.